Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

HPF Stage 3 turbo E46 M3 versus a Weistec Stage 3 supercharged C63 AMG

Even those these upgrades are "Stage 3" from their respective companies readers need to understand all stages are not created equal. The E46 M3 with the HPF Stage 3 upgrade received a built motor and a larger turbo making for a very significant power upgrade capable of 788 horsepower at the rear wheels. The Weistec Stage 3 supercharger upgrade for the C63 AMG M156 V8 on the other hand still uses the stock internals.

Click here to enlarge

It's definitely no slouch as with the 3.0 liter blower at 11 psi on 91 octane pump gas the Weistec Stage III setup is capable of 630 wheel horsepower, impressive. The HPF Stage 3 on 91 octane puts down 642 rear wheel horsepower. So, on 91 pump this would be a pretty interesting race.

The E46 M3 is not on pump though (meth is used but whether it is meth and pump or meth and race gas is unknown) and with its weight advantage it shows. Impressive pull against a stout car. Thank you to BenzBoost member @bilal for the video.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Only Men put their names in the illegal street race video "title" Click here to enlarge

Awesome race, fast cars!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    did the guy blow something up... looks like the M3 had some white smoke in the cabin at the end there... ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The driver was prob smoking while doing work
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Owner posted this video on e46fanatics...wouldn't comment when I asked about the smoke and took the video down and deleted posts after that. Looks like Pump/Meth...my guess is he broke something and doesn't want to talk about it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin Click here to enlarge
    Owner posted this video on e46fanatics...wouldn't comment when I asked about the smoke and took the video down and deleted posts after that. Looks like Pump/Meth...my guess is he broke something and doesn't want to talk about it.
    Or maybe he just realized his first name was in the title and thought better of it..

How do you guys come to these conclusions?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    Or maybe he just realized his first name was in the title and thought better of it..

How do you guys come to these conclusions?
    #1 Video is still on and has been for weeks...#2 Because I have an HPF car therefore why would I want one to have problems...#3 Because you can clearly see a $#@!tonne of smoke pouring into the car...mostly #3 comes to that conclusion but I guess if you can't use your eyes...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It could've just been a rad hose or expansion tank...but owner clearly had a more serious issue and didn't want to have drama over it or bring negative attention to HPF...sucks because the owner won't share the issue with the crowd but w/e.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin Click here to enlarge
    It could've just been a rad hose or expansion tank...but owner clearly had a more serious issue and didn't want to have drama over it or bring negative attention to HPF...sucks because the owner won't share the issue with the crowd but w/e.
    Speculation as to what it could be?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks like coolant...that's all the speculation I got. I know the expansion tanks on these cars like to rip apart at the seam after 60-100k usually. I've never had it happen but I replaced mine preventatively.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks like coolant...that's all the speculation I got. I know the expansion tanks on these cars like to rip apart at the seam after 60-100k usually. I've never had it happen but I replaced mine preventatively.
    If that's it I don't see the big deal in saying so.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    If that's it I don't see the big deal in saying so.
    Some people are weird...this was in the middle east so mabe he doesn't like to talk about little problems...may seem big to him...or maybe something bigger that was requested he remove to avoid drama...we don't know.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    pump and meth was used during that race trust me guys both cars are equal in performance ....the owner of the hpf is a good friend of mine very decent person he loves comparing cars no ego involved win or loose .....about the smoke a cylinder was poped in the hpf and im very sorry for that

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bilal Click here to enlarge
    pump and meth was used during that race trust me guys both cars are equal in performance ....the owner of the hpf is a good friend of mine very decent person he loves comparing cars no ego involved win or loose .....about the smoke a cylinder was poped in the hpf and im very sorry for that
    Pump and meth but it looked quite a bit faster. Regardless, sorry to hear about the motor.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    $#@!ty...nobody likes to hear that Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I knew it was with the motor. You can clearly hear a thump and see smoke right after. I heard it as I saw the smoke from the rear.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thats oil smoke...has a bluish haze to it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    sticky imo the hpf was behind the c 63 and went wot at the time they were neck and neck u could hear the 63 goes wot so I think that was an advantage for the hpf ... I posted a couple of more races through a facebook link in the other thread im not sure if u have seen them

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    sticky imo the hpf was behind the c 63 and went wot at the time they were neck and neck u could hear the 63 goes wot so I think that was an advantage for the hpf ... I posted a couple of more races through a facebook link in the other thread im not sure if u have seen them
    It's a big wheel hp and weight difference regardless. Nobody expects stock internals to keep up with a built motor turbo, it's fine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sucks for that motor Click here to enlarge anyone know what caused the failure?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Sucks for that motor Click here to enlarge anyone know what caused the failure?
    +1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'd be willing to bet it was a meth related failure.. its always a $#@!ing meth related failure. Which is why I went E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    u r 100% current im sure it was meth related as well

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i run guys all the time with my Weistec Stage 3 and it never feels as fast as when you watch a video of it in action . Weistec did it right Click here to enlarge

i just had my car inspected and it passed without any issues . i have the Stage 3 , pump gas tune , catless , no resonators and 3" Carlsson exhaust Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

TIME TO MOVE ON !