Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Power to weight means very little if the power cannot be put the ground consistently and effectively. So a take the same car with the same motor/trans/power. But make each car FWD, RWD, AWD which one will be the fastest. Drivetrain layout matters
    When they calculate the power to weight ratio...I have never seen a correction factor for drive train. That's like trying to calculate drag coefficient but because the car doesn't have enough WHP to break 100 mph it receives a higher coefficient...nope I'd have failed that area of fluid dynamics if I did something like that. You're making up your own stuff now bro

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mr.Squeeze Click here to enlarge
    I have never tracked my 600 whp setting when I was at 560 whp I went to the track one time 12.2 @127. This was done on Street tires with more practice this spring I will go out to the track a few more times to see what the car can do. To me it doesn't matter if that's a slap on turbo kit or not the graph is horrible I wouldn't want to drive that in the street. Also the fact that it's on E85 for that power makes it look worse.

1/4 mile time is impressive for the little car that's about it for me.

I have also been down that road of lighter smaller cars I owned a 94 Prelude Vtec.

Not sure what car that dyno chart in the second graph is from it looks a lot better that the other graph.
    To each his own...I don't know why you care so much if E85 was used. It's octane; a high compression motor like that boxer engine will need some to keep making power with boost (factory motor...remember that). E85 isn't even the best fuel available to make power (people act like octane is new). If you built your motor with a 11:1 compression I'm sure you wouldn't make 600 whp on pump gas either. 560 whp to 440 whp; both 127 mph...food for thought considering "their weights are so close it's negligible" and the FRS has an awful powerband to boot.

The graph is a 4 cylinder Neon on a a single 30r
    Last edited by lvlemphiz; 01-16-2013 at 06:36 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lvlemphiz Click here to enlarge
    To each his own...I don't know why you care so much if E85 was used.

umm...because it burns cooler and has more octane than your average vp109...to be able to keep cyl temps down running high comp with awesome octane is the name of the game...so yea....knowing what your running is VERY important
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    umm...because it burns cooler and has more octane than your average vp109...to be able to keep cyl temps down running high comp with awesome octane is the name of the game...so yea....knowing what your running is VERY important
    Plus where we live, it's not readily available Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
    Plus where we live, it's not readily available Click here to enlarge
    that too Click here to enlarge

-Tommy to Josh

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When they calculate the power to weight ratio...I have never seen a correction factor for drive train. That's like trying to calculate drag coefficient but because the car doesn't have enough WHP to break 100 mph it receives a higher coefficient...nope I'd have failed that area of fluid dynamics if I did something like that. You're making up your own stuff now bro

To each his own...I don't know why you care so much if E85 was used. It's octane; a high compression motor like that boxer engine will need some to keep making power with boost (factory motor...remember that). E85 isn't even the best fuel available to make power (people act like octane is new). If you built your motor with a 11:1 compression I'm sure you wouldn't make 600 whp on pump gas either. 560 whp to 440 whp; both 127 mph...food for thought considering "their weights are so close it's negligible" and the FRS has an awful powerband to boot.

I'm going acknowledge that the question flew right over your head. I'm also going to acknowledge that if you think the dyno for that FRS on E85 impressive then we are not on the same page as enthusiasts. Normally I would agree to disagree however today I will just acknowledge you just dont understand. Oh well
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    stock motor Zs with 30rs have trapped 127 with around 525 wheel...

nismo370s car on here was dynoed at performance whos dyno read VERY VERY high and to be honest most dynos on LI are tweaked to read high,, my 370 made 348 at performance motorsports meanwhile the rest of the world was making 320 whp tops...

i havent been around z forum but im pretty sure theyll go 125-128 with 500 whp... so 400 lbs is 60 whp makes sense to me ... easier to make power out of big motor to counter weight..
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm going acknowledge that the question flew right over your head. I'm also going to acknowledge that if you think the dyno for that FRS on E85 impressive then we are not on the same page as enthusiasts. Normally I would agree to disagree however today I will just acknowledge you just dont understand. Oh well

LMAO what did you learn was a RATIO in school? What is Miles/gallon? It's how many miles over how many gallons...

What does POWER to WEIGHT RATIO mean to you then? By this BASIC definition of the word RATIO? LOL I think what flew over your head is what a ratio means homie

Power/Weight...ratios only have two factors. Not Power-Drivetrain/weight

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I cant seem to find it, but my memory is p[retty clear.. it seems that that the information on that frs is in conflict. When forst talked about, its because it hit 5xxhp, and 11.3@127.. this 440 is BS. ill dig around, but its not accurate.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LMAO what did you learn was a RATIO in school? What is Miles/gallon? It's how many miles over how many gallons...

What does POWER to WEIGHT RATIO mean to you then? By this BASIC definition of the word RATIO? LOL I think what flew over your head is what a ratio means homie

Power/Weight...ratios only have two factors. Not Power-Drivetrain/weight
    As I said I'm gonna acknowledge you dont get it and move on. Talk to yourself bro
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    can only lead a horse to water....if you ever find me a documented publication (well accredited) that shows Power/Weight as ANYTHING aside from just the cars crank hp over it's curb weight...I'll paypal you 100 US (that's my word). I wish I could have told the teacher they were wrong and not back it up with any source or work; that's the life

FWD Neon 486 whp and 2830 curb weight...so what's my Power/Weight (I'd love to see that math for the drive train correction lol)
    Last edited by lvlemphiz; 01-16-2013 at 06:40 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    can only lead a horse to water....if you ever find me a documented publication (well accredited) that shows Power/Weight as ANYTHING aside from just the cars crank hp over it's curb weight...I'll paypal you 100 US (that's my word). I wish I could have told the teacher they were wrong and not back it up with any source or work; that's the life

FWD Neon 486 whp and 2830 curb weight...so what's my Power/Weight (I'd love to see that math for the drive train correction lol)
    lol, no need, its FWD so will get smoked by every car on this forum, so its not worth talking about

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    lol, no need, its FWD so will get smoked by every car on this forum, so its not worth talking about
    Like I said bro, it went over his head... He's talking about drivetrain loss and that somehow I dont get power to weight. Somehow the concept that the layout matters is lost on him as long as it has a better power to weight ratio then it must be faster. Someone should explain that to the Nissan GTR engineers as they didnt get that memo.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Where did I say if it had a better power to weight ratio it would be faster disregarding all other factors? Quote it....

I said power to weight is calculated by a cars power divided by it's weight; you said drivetrain matters in that ratio...you're wrong. There is no correction factor. I never said what you claimed and my question stands; show me your backwards logic for calculating a fwd cars power/weight. You can't give me a quantitative figure because your logic won't provide a quantitative result. But yeah it's over my head bro (keep dancing around the basic question of what a ratio is)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Where did I say if it had a better power to weight ratio it would be faster disregarding all other factors? Quote it....

I said power to weight is calculated by a cars power divided by it's weight; you said drivetrain matters in that ratio...you're wrong. There is no correction factor. I never said what you claimed and my question stands; show me your backwards logic for calculating a fwd cars power/weight. You can't give me a quantitative figure because your logic won't provide a quantitative result. But yeah it's over my head bro
    Post 123... Where do you see anything from me about the ratio or its calculation? I stated that the cars drivetrain layout matters. I.E. said car in FWD will be slower in all aspects vs a RWD car with the same exact hp/tq and power to weight ratio.

You skipped over that and went to some other thing. My point remains the same... Power to weight alone does not mean a car is fast. FWD is a hindrance vs the same car in RWD or AWD. Those cars will handle and better while getting the power to ground more effociently. How is that hard to digest?
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I could make 600whp on pump 93 with 11:1 it has been done before on stock block 370z's. My built motor is only a point lower and makes over 630whp on pump 93. Everyone know's what E85 can do, hell I even though long and hard about running it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

this $#@! is hilarious

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I said power to weight is calculated by a cars power divided by it's weight; you said drivetrain matters in that ratio...you're wrong. There is no correction factor. I never said what you claimed and my question stands; show me your backwards logic for calculating a fwd cars power/weight. You can't give me a quantitative figure because your logic won't provide a quantitative result. But yeah it's over my head bro (keep dancing around the basic question of what a ratio is)
    let me understand this.. your saying all that matter is power/weight ratio?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Light cars are in the past, just like racing on a flat surface. We need to get a new movement going, straight line racing on a 10 degree downhill surface.

"Your car only weights 2500 lbs? and makes 500 hp? roflmywaffle. Comeback with a real car. 4000+lbs 400 hp"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)

2018 Mercedes-Benz E63 S AMG (W213)

Eurocharged Canada Stage 1 ECU, TCU and CPC Tune

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    hey, would ya look at that. $14,900 for a turbo kit to get ~500hp..
    http://www.frsmod.com/collections/fr...or-fr-s-or-brz

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Thats just awesome I missed that post... FOREVER

hey, would ya look at that. $14,900 for a turbo kit to get ~500hp..
    http://www.frsmod.com/collections/fr...or-fr-s-or-brz
    Damn.... Thats a big cheese the car costs $25k so for $40K with no suspension, brakes, wheels/tires. Ouchy!!! Thats just way overpriced
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thats just awesome I missed that post... FOREVER

Damn.... Thats a big cheese the car costs $25k so for $40K with no suspension, brakes, wheels/tires. Ouchy!!! Thats just way overpriced
    to be fair, you can get cheaper versions, in the 5-6k range, but hp is not over 400, and does not look to be full kits, this is full+install+tuning.

s/c options are also ~$5k

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    to be fair, you can get cheaper versions, in the 5-6k range, but hp is not over 400, and does not look to be full kits, this is full+install+tuning.

s/c options are also ~$5k
    I've looked very heavily at the kits.... I actually saw a R&D kit that TRD has Toyota reps driving around in Sat at one of my dealers. Says its a 70hp crank increase and will be fully warrantied, roots type blower he wasnt sure. He let me drive it but no looking LOL. Still it was fun more pep down low vs my stock car for sure. I would do it for the warranty aspect.

The Vortech kit IMO is the nicest kit out there and really compliments the cars powerband well from what I have seen.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456