Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Big Turbo Volkswagen 2010 GTI wants to run N54

Anyone near D.C. / Maryland / Virginia want to do a few friendly runs with a big turbo 2010 volkswagen GTI? I have been trying to find a stage 2 / FBO N54 to see how I compare.

Not having any luck finding one to play with.
    - 2010 Volkswagen GTI (2.0T).
    - Borg Warner EFR-7163.
    - 3" TBE/FMIC/Injectors.
    - Eurodyne Maestro 7 & Eurodyne Boost Manager Plus.
    - Methanol Injection.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by zhijjawi10 Click here to enlarge
    Anyone near D.C. / Maryland / Virginia want to do a few friendly runs with a big turbo 2010 volkswagen GTI? I have been trying to find a stage 2 / FBO N54 to see how I compare.

Not having any luck finding one to play with.
    I'll be up in Fairfax Feb 9th Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sweet :-) What do you drive? Obviously a 1. Also, what mods?
    - Borg Warner EFR-7163.
    - 3" TBE/FMIC/Injectors.
    - Methanol Injection.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    what kinda power?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    FBO+meth Cobb tuned. It made 404whp/460rwtq on a dynocom dyno. Depending on timing there's an outside possibility I'll be running upgraded turbos, but I doubt it.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    what kinda power?
    He's at about 370whp/wtq in a 3100 lbs car.

What's up buddy, I see you made it over to the dark side. You will love this site and all these guys are like family. You will for sure find people here to run it with. Goodluck and can't wait to see more badass vids!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i hope you can get that $#@! tuned properly with the surge tank so you can run more than 21lbs of boost!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    He's at about 370whp/wtq in a 3100 lbs car.

What's up buddy, I see you made it over to the dark side. You will love this site and all these guys are like family. You will for sure find people here to run it with. Goodluck and can't wait to see more badass vids!
    with how frequently bimmerboost gets mentioned on golfmk6, i'm surprised more haven't found their way here Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
    with how frequently bimmerboost gets mentioned on golfmk6, i'm surprised more haven't found their way here Click here to enlarge
    we gotta let them know about vwboost!
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey FastGti and Chris, Yeah golfmk6 is full of grown men debating for a year on whether or not to buy a $#@!ing intake for fear of it ruining their daily driver LOL. Not much left on that site for me these days.

I did 375whp at 24psi with no meth, but I run 21psi now and it actually feels even stronger, like 380-390. It's weird. 24psi was making the ECU cut back ignition and running rich. $#@! sucked. Once Franz gets some time I'm gonna have him give me a full 21 to 30 psi tune so I can run whatever boost I want. I can now change boost on the fly while I'm driving which is cool. Tapp gave me a prototype handheld logger/boost manager that runs out of my glove box. It's sweet.

I found a guy really close to me with a N54 135i FBO cobb tuned. I will have the video in the next week or so depending on how the weather holds off!
    - Borg Warner EFR-7163.
    - 3" TBE/FMIC/Injectors.
    - Methanol Injection.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^^ nice updates about your car. I can't wait till that thing is tuned properly esp that you have injectors too. I wanna see 400+whp Click here to enlarge.

You should make a build thread of your car on VWboost.com
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Car feels a lot faster than it did when I made those c5 Z vids and $#@!. I think I could pull my buddies Z now by a car or so. Just feels stronger and more linear. Upped my methanol duty cycle by 10% too so I'm sure that helps out the 21psi. Overall, I'm happy with how the car feels on the road and I'm tired of chasing dyno numbers.

I will have a few runs on GoPro with the FBO 135i this week, if the rain holds off one day. I'm excited. Gonna have two GoPro's, each one facing forward off the back of each ride, so whoever pulls is gonna be right on camera. ;-)
    - Borg Warner EFR-7163.
    - 3" TBE/FMIC/Injectors.
    - Methanol Injection.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Car feels a lot faster than it did when I made those c5 Z vids and $#@!. I think I could pull my buddies Z now by a car or so. Just feels stronger and more linear. Upped my methanol duty cycle by 10% too so I'm sure that helps out the 21psi. Overall, I'm happy with how the car feels on the road and I'm tired of chasing dyno numbers.

I will have a few runs on GoPro with the FBO 135i this week, if the rain holds off one day. I'm excited. Gonna have two GoPro's, each one facing forward off the back of each ride, so whoever pulls is gonna be right on camera. ;-)
    I'm definitely in for those vids.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Moved to Regional.

Make a thread on your car, maybe you have already.

This would qualify for SouthEast region I guess?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Moved to Regional.

Make a thread on your car, maybe you have already.

This would qualify for SouthEast region I guess?
    Mid atlantic? Its basically D.C.
    - Borg Warner EFR-7163.
    - 3" TBE/FMIC/Injectors.
    - Methanol Injection.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Mid atlantic? Its basically D.C.
    I guess I would have to add a mid-Atlantic prefix.