Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    62Lincoln Carsten has yet to respond on my email, I told him i wanted it for the 1/2 mile race, he told me that he would consider it but has not responred as of lately

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d Click here to enlarge
    62Lincoln Carsten has yet to respond on my email, I told him i wanted it for the 1/2 mile race, he told me that he would consider it but has not responred as of lately
    I was hoping he would find a way to get one to you, maybe there is still hope! Keep in mind it's probably out of his control, he's at the mercy of his supplier. I was posting about the production quantities - I really won't hold my breath waiting, these things almost always seem to take longer than promised, it's just the way it goes. No use getting all wound up, since we know they are ordered and will come eventually.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    NEWS UPDATE:

Alright, I called Nick at Wagner this afternoon. He told me that the i/c's have been built, and there are 50 units sitting in U.S. Customs awaiting clearance. Wagner has been told to expect a wait of 2-3 weeks for the units to clear customs and get to them.

I asked him about testing, and he said Wagner plans to work with a shop in California to do their tests. I'll wait and let him explain the details when he is ready.

So -- we are very close! He also said they plan to put together a group buy once they have the units in hand, so be patient. I'm still amazed that we will have a bespoke unit for our cars. Very cool.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    amigo remember me

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

just recieved PM from Nick@Wagner, we are a week away from recieving the 335d IC's woohoo!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    May need to couple a new IC with the meth kit that Terry's working on. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    is there any info about this kit somwhere?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cisi Click here to enlarge
    is there any info about this kit somwhere?
    Ronin posted elsewhere that he is dropping his car at Terry's this week for him to install the prototype meth kit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ronin Click here to enlarge
    May need to couple a new IC with the meth kit that Terry's working on. Click here to enlarge
    Exactly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ditto @ 62Lincoln and Ronin go for it and gives dynos, Linc make sure u call me for the group buy cause if not I will look for you, I will find you and then i will kill you!! LOL jajajaja let me know amigo my CC is crying to be used ok!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d Click here to enlarge
    Ditto @ 62Lincoln and Ronin go for it and gives dynos, Linc make sure u call me for the group buy cause if not I will look for you, I will find you and then i will kill you!! LOL jajajaja let me know amigo my CC is crying to be used ok!!!
    Hoping for before and after dyno #'s tomorrow (before with just the JBD at 100% and then with the meth kit). Terry's hoping for some modest gains, but in talking with him today, he said he's used to rolling around in a 500whp car, so my car seemed slow both before and after the kit install...lol.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nice, will you (or maybe already did) remove the DPF?
    Thats my next step before going to a meth kit(will be installed together with the fmic). My tuner told me that the big problem with every stronger tune for the 335d is the high exhaust temp. Removing the dpf wil give some big gains in tunability but will lead to the next problem:
    the transmisson does only take 700nm (or lets say thats the max one should use accordingly to the specs). Will you just hope it works or maybe taper the max torque output?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks Ronin I just Pmed Nick@Wagner to see if the ICs are ready for a buy

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks Ronin I just Pmed Nick@Wagner to see if the ICs are ready for a buy
    Why isn't Nick@Wagner here?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Sticky I have yet to recieve any response from Nick Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Sticky I have yet to recieve any response from Nick Click here to enlarge
    Weird...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    MIA I believ so

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    BMW 335d enthusiasts here on BimmerBoost have been clamoring for an intercooler upgrade. Well, their calls for an upgrade have been answering by Wagner Tuning. The intercooler is available for E90 335d models and the diesel X5 xDrive35d is not mentioned but this intercooler likely could be modified for the SUV application as well. Regardless, this piece is definitely a step in the right direction for BMW diesel fans who want upgrades for their platform.
    I'd be very interested in seeing a bespoke version for the E70 X5 35d, any chance the Wagner folks would be interested in getting their hands on a stock one? Turner's got the E70 part no 17517805150 listed for $262.99 (and it's a different part number from the 335d IC).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by infowolfe Click here to enlarge
    I'd be very interested in seeing a bespoke version for the E70 X5 35d, any chance the Wagner folks would be interested in getting their hands on a stock one? Turner's got the E70 part no 17517805150 listed for $262.99 (and it's a different part number from the 335d IC).
    I don't speak to anyone at Wagner so I have no clue. Why can't the 335d intercooler be adapted?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't speak to anyone at Wagner so I have no clue. Why can't the 335d intercooler be adapted?
    There's nothing indicating it can't be. The only question is fitment. I called Wagner earlier today and one of the guys said he'd email overlayed cad drawings of the E70 35d ic and the Wagner 335d ic, but it might have gotten lost in the shuffle. I've actually just sent an email re-requesting those drawings (for posting here). If it's just a matter of moving tabs around, I'll probably order one as a guinea pig since I know some pretty talented tig welders (salt car guys... 300mph is slow to them and they burn 3 gallons per mile in their turbo gas roadster).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by infowolfe Click here to enlarge
    I called Wagner earlier today and one of the guys said he'd email overlayed cad drawings of the E70 35d ic and the Wagner 335d ic, but it might have gotten lost in the shuffle. I've actually just sent an email re-requesting those drawings (for posting here). If it's just a matter of moving tabs around, I'll probably order one as a guinea pig since I know some pretty talented tig welders (salt car guys... 300mph is slow to them and they burn 3 gallons per mile in their turbo gas roadster).
    Very good!

Ya, I think it can be adapted and you may the one to get this setup going on an X5. How about that, Bimmerboost responsible for some progress on the diesel front on various models.

Please get those drawings to post.

Also tell Wagner there is a lot of interesting in the diesel tuning.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I spoke with Nick at Wagner, the i/c's for the 335d have arrived. It looks like Germany only shipped 20 instead of 50 (makes sense, there should be a much larger market in the EU for this). He's already sold several, so heads up if you intend to buy one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lincoln called Nick and couldnt buy it the same day and that was Thursday as of TODAY i have yet to come in contact him to place the order, WTF!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12