Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

135i JB4 vs Carrera S PDK (2010)

Went to the strip last week, to see if I could finally improve my times... It was wortheless nonetheless... I give up, I guess there's nothing I can do until I ditch the runflats.

Anyways, here's the vid, its a 2010 Carrera S, 385hp and PDK. Im still amazed of how well it launches and how t pulls, keep in mind this is at 1600 meters above sea level ( 6000 ft more or less), so i think is pretty fast for having "only" 385 hp at this altitude. If I could only launch like that...I did a 2nd gear launch at 1500 rpm maybe, since I got distracted setting up the steering wheel to try the 1/4 mile timing.

Mods are JB4, DCI,Downpipes and 70/30 meth. 35 additive but rarely, if ever, hits 17 psi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bFbU...ature=youtu.be

I didnt check the times from the tower, but the Perf Steering wheel said I did 13.1 ... Dont know ho accurate it is, but is consisting with the times i've run before... I say dissapinting cause I managed to do a 13.4 stock. Installed JB4 and downpipes and imrpvoed to 13.3 or 13.2, and now with meth, im on 13.1... Car pulls like effin mad, really its impressive, it just doesnt like the 1/4 as of right now... The porsche was doing 13.3-4 that night.
    Last edited by Boosted1; 03-11-2012 at 09:15 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Nice runs. The Pcar definitely runs well for being at 6000ft.

What were your 60ft times? Some wider grippier tires will certainly help
    Alpha ///N - YouTube: 95CSL
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    started walking him at the end... nice run
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onurleft Click here to enlarge
    Nice runs. The Pcar definitely runs well for being at 6000ft.

What were your 60ft times? Some wider grippier tires will certainly help
    We dont get 60 ft times in our strip, nor the final speed...hate it. I really need to get new and wider rubber... Im thinking about some Pirelli P corsa when te runflats give up (hopefully soon)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
    started walking him at the end... nice run
    I actually won for about a car at the end, and we kept going a little bit so I pulled 2 cars after the end of the quarter mile. We did some high speed runs afterwards, from 80 km/h to 260 km/h. I literally put buses on him, I would say more than 10 cars at the time I hit 260. But still, Im simply amazed, its "only" 380 hp. The 5,0 mustangs are in the range of 13.7-13.9 stock in the same track, and Camaro's SS somewhere over 14.2, so yeah, him doing 13.4 and launching like that its impressive.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Boosted1 Click here to enlarge
    Went to the strip last week, to see if I could finally improve my times... It was wortheless nonetheless... I give up, I guess there's nothing I can do until I ditch the runflats.

Anyways, here's the vid, its a 2010 Carrera S, 385hp and PDK. Im still amazed of how well it launches and how t pulls, keep in mind this is at 1600 meters above sea level ( 6000 ft more or less), so i think is pretty fast for having "only" 385 hp at this altitude. If I could only launch like that...I did a 2nd gear launch at 1500 rpm maybe, since I got distracted setting up the steering wheel to try the 1/4 mile timing.

Mods are JB4, DCI,Downpipes and 70/30 meth. 35 additive but rarely, if ever, hits 17 psi.

I didnt check the times from the tower, but the Perf Steering wheel said I did 13.1 ... Dont know ho accurate it is, but is consisting with the times i've run before... I say dissapinting cause I managed to do a 13.4 stock. Installed JB4 and downpipes and imrpvoed to 13.3 or 13.2, and now with meth, im on 13.1... Car pulls like effin mad, really its impressive, it just doesnt like the 1/4 as of right now... The porsche was doing 13.3-4 that night.
    Why even go to the strip with runflats?

I'd like to see the slip please. Impressive the way you ran him down.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    + rep just because you started the video right at the lights and I didnt have to watch 15 minutes of bull$#@! staging for just the 1/4 mile run.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You are maxing out your grip easily at this point, upgrading your tires will make your car much faster in the 1/4 than any other change.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by doogle Click here to enlarge
    You are maxing out your grip easily at this point, upgrading your tires will make your car much faster in the 1/4 than any other change.
    Exactly. Waste of time otherwise.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Exactly. Waste of time otherwise.
    Its not a waste of time... Why would you say that? Thats like saying going without slicks is a waste of time. Times are for comparison and personal enjoyment. Personal enjoyment sticky!

I never go to the strip but if I did, I would be paying the money and taking the time for myself, not for you or anyone else.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Its not a waste of time... Why would you say that? Thats like saying going without slicks is a waste of time. Times are for comparison and personal enjoyment. Personal enjoyment sticky!
    Well it literally is a waste of time as you are leaving time on the table. However, yes, you are correct it is fun.

I find it frustrating though when I'm not launching as I know I could.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    I never go to the strip but if I did, I would be paying the money and taking the time for myself, not for you or anyone else.
    Very good philosophy and one I should keep in mind. I just can't help myself from wanting to shove time's down peoples throats.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I didnt picked up the timeslip... Its not a total loss of time, I mean, there are people doing low 12's with the stock runflats... It is a loss of time because I perfectly know this track SUCKS, but I keep going back thinking "This is the day, this is the day..." lol

Im gonna do 12.5, somehow, someday... Wont rest till I do. Im thinking about spraying honey or sticking chewing gum on the tires, im leaving no options off the table at this point lol. (JK)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You'll get that 12.5 with drag radials... just saying Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I've had the JB4 in my 08 135 for about five months now. I keep it on map 5 and every now an then add different octane boosters(they work!). The car pulls like a beast! My problem is that with the stock RFs, I can't go wot in 1st & 2nd gear, because the tires break loose so much. I suppose I should adjust the low end boost. I simply can't run in at the track the way I'm set up now...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice, I love that steering wheel, which one is it?
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'll tell ya what... Homeboy in the Porsche stuck the launch but you walked him nicely.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks like the BMW Performance Steering wheel, Electric V2 to me might be the v1 but pretty sure the leds are green at lower revs on that vid making it V2.

and I agree I love that wheel too I must find a decent priced one in the UK
    Mods: Cobb v3, Aquamist hfs-4, BMS DCI, AR Design DP's, ETS FMIC, ETS Charge Pipe, HKS SSQV BOV, BMS CDV, BMS OCC, BMS Clutch Stop & ptf twin disc clutch.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kev335i Click here to enlarge
    Looks like the BMW Performance Steering wheel, Electric V2 to me might be the v1 but pretty sure the leds are green at lower revs on that vid making it V2.

and I agree I love that wheel too I must find a decent priced one in the UK
    It is the V2 Version. Its so cool but its becoming a royal PITA to keep the alcantara in a "decent" condition... I found miself driving with leather gloves all the time, some people look at me with a weird look but I dont care anymore lol.

Now that the thread got back from the grave ( hallowen is near...) I finally got new tires, michelins PSS, 225 in the front ant 255 in the rears.

Went to the dragstrip but had them inflated at 40 psi. I finally broke into the 12's with a lame 12.9 run. Im going to try again with lower pressure tire after I get my car back from the dealer, since it had a short circuit and all electronics went MIA last week. (Speedo and tach frozen at 80 km/h, no AC, no radio and trunk cant be opened).