Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Anyone with 1/2 a brain will acknowledge that in a straight line, the N54 335 > E46 M3. BUT the minute you introduced turns & asked about handling the tables turned.
    Huh? In stock form it's basically a wash and in modded form the E46 M3 puts out way more power. So what are you talking about?

+1, the E46 M3 was directly put against the B6 Audi S4 (a 4.2 V8) + MB C32 AMG (s/c v6). Then the B7 Audi RS4 came out & was pitted against the E9x M3 + C63 AMG. Instead of dropping the S4 from the model lineup, Audi kept the 4.2L v8 from the B6.
    Things aren't supposed to line up perfectly. Audi had the B5 S4 and the B5 RS4 so the argument can be made BMW had no answer for the RS4. Although that was a wagon and then BMW had the E46 M3 CSL. It's ok for companies to not follow a rigid guideline and make different products.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Huh? In stock form it's basically a wash and in modded form the E46 M3 puts out way more power. So what are you talking about?
    Word, I forget that the 335 didn't come with the tune from the showroom (in which case it'd best a stock S54).

Like I said, just very disappointed with BMW slapping the M badge on everything.
    2018 Mercedes-Benz E63 S AMG (W213)

Eurocharged Canada Stage 1 ECU, TCU and CPC Tune

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Word, I forget that the 335 didn't come with the tune from the showroom (in which case it'd best a stock S54).

Like I said, just very disappointed with BMW slapping the M badge on everything.
    N54 owners often do that, no sweat.

Yes, I'm disappointed as well.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The S4 is positioned against the 335i. It doesn't change position because the 335i handling is weak compared to the M3. So if BMW improved the 335's handling the S4 market position would change? Doesn't make sense, 335i and S4 are aimed directly and positioned directly at each other. BMW just needs to improve the 335 which is all an M335i really is going to be, the same thing with upgraded suspensions components that should be standard.
    I remember we had this argument before and I realized I was wording my argument poorly. I am criticizing BMW for making the 335i too soft to compete with the S4 and am hopeful that the upcoming M335i will rectify the situation. I absolutely agree that the current 335i is a weak competitor to the S4, it's just a lucky thing that Audi charges so much for the S4 (lease rates are HIGHER than an E92 M3 hahaha). It's about time BMW makes the 335i into more than a 328i with 2 more cylinders so I think we are in agreement.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I test drove an E63 last month. WOW what an amazing car. I like Audi's looks but have never been impressed with their performance. Sure they have the best AWD platform around but for some reason the cars still oversteer. I've never driven an M5 but my buddy has the V10 M5. It sounds like pure sex and is pretty fast with just a tune and exhaust. If the dealer would have given me what I wanted for my 335i I would be in an E63 right now. In fact, I even posted on the MB forum, talk me into an E63 LOL. and they did. I test drove a C63 and an e92 M3 this summer the same day, back to back drives actually and LOVED the C63. Didn't really care for the M3. AMG is really doing great things with those cars and those engines. I know another guy that has a 2011 S4 and he loves it but he doesn't like it when he gets smashed by my 335i LOL. To me Audis are just too expensive. If a S4 is a direct competitor to a 335i why does it cost $10k more? Same with the RS3? It is a direct competitor to the new M135i? But lost in the competition and costs $10k more. IDK, give me a BMW or MB over an Audi any day (if I'm paying for it, if it's free sure I'll take it LOL)
    2016 340xi AT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12