Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

F1 2012 - Mercedes AMG GP Italian Grand Prix Qualifying Results: Schumacher 4th with Rosberg 6th

The Mercedes powered teams came to Ferrari land and have dominated the race weekend so far with Mclaren Mercedes leading the charge and Mercedes AMG F1 right behind them. This track suits the power of the Mercedes engines with RBR and Lotus Renault unable to challenge with their Renault engines. Ferrari broke the Mercedes dominance with Massa securing 3rd place.

Mercedes AMG had a great start to the weekend as Schumacher topped the timesheets on Friday's FP1 with Rosberg not far off, but at the start of Q1 struggled a bit and barely made it into Q2. After that Both Mercedes drivers easily made it into Q3 where Schumacher finished 5th and Rosberg in 7th place. Paul Di Resta in his Mercedes Force India finished 4th, but because of the 5 place grid penalty he received Saturday for a gearbox change he will drop to 9th, giving the Mercedes driver a 1 spot jump to 4th and 6th respectably.

The Mclaren duo of Hamilton and Button secured the front row, the big upset was Ferrari's favourite driver and championship leader Fernando Alonso. He topped the time in Q1 and Q2, but was unable to do anything in Q3 and will start in 10th place. He later said there was an issue in his car, but the mechanics were unable to fix the problem.

Full Qualifying ResultsAfter 0 of 0 laps
    Position Driver Team
    Qualifying Three completed. Fastest Lap - Lewis Hamilton 1.24.010
    1 Great Britain L Hamilton McLaren
    2 Great Britain J Button McLaren
    3 Brazil F Massa Ferrari
    4 Germany M Schumacher Mercedes
    5 Germany S Vettel Red Bull
    6 Germany N Rosberg Mercedes
    7 Finland K Raikkonen Lotus
    8 Japan K Kobayashi Sauber
    9 Great Britain P Di Resta Force India
    10 Spain F Alonso Ferrari
    11 Australia M Webber Red Bull
    12 Mexico S Perez Sauber
    13 Brazil B Senna Williams
    14 Australia D Ricciardo Toro Rosso
    15 Belgium J d'Ambrosio Lotus
    16 France J Vergne Toro Rosso
    17 Finland H Kovalainen Caterham
    18 Russian Federation V Petrov Caterham
    19 Germany T Glock Marussia
    20 France C Pic Marussia
    21 India N Karthikeyan HRT
    22 Venezuela P Maldonado Williams
    23 Spain P de la Rosa HRT
    24 Germany N Hulkenberg Force India

For Nico Rosberg

starting from sixth place here in Monza is a decent result from a tricky qualifying session today. I wasn’t happy with the balance of my car by Q3 and, although it started well, I then lost the right balance so I couldn’t improve my time.
    I’m looking forward to the race tomorrow and I hope we can gain some positions.
    Michael Schumacher:

the team can be satisfied with our qualifying performance as we have performed consistently all weekend. Our car clearly suits this circuit more than at the last races, but we've had a couple of hiccups along the way in practice Our guys back at the factory and here at the track did a good job to sort out the problems and compliments to them. Solid points should be a realistic target for tomorrow.

The fact that I will start from fourth is another small positive point, because here the even numbers on the grid are probably the better start positions.
    For Ross Brawn

It was a pretty solid qualifying session for the team this afternoon. The key to the session was using the tyres in the correct way and getting them at their best for the timed laps. We could perhaps have squeezed a little more out of our package today in terms of pure performance, but our positions are close to our maximum at this circuit.

Yesterday's race preparation was, for the first time in a number of races, untroubled by poor weather so we were able to achieve a lot of good work on various fuel loads. Now, we will see how that translates into tomorrow's race.”
    Norbert Haug said:

Fifth for Michael and seventh for Nico are better qualifying results than we had in the last two races and this should be a decent basis for the race tomorrow. Five Mercedes-powered cars in the top seven places of the qualifying ranking is a good result for our engine today.

Click here to enlarge
    2010 335i Coupe Le Mans Blue
    *JB4 Powered*

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Promoted to front page, great work as always! Thank you.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Alonso's 10th was very strange.
    Ferrari first used Alonso to tow Massa to a higher topspeed in sector 1, which gave him a provisional 2nd place at the time, but Alonso could not speed up lateron in the quali to get the same service from Massa.
    The 2 VodaphoneAMG Mercedes cars.were predictably fast on this high speed circuit with rheir double DRS.

Mc Laren seem to have found something in or just before the break which gives them an advantage on high speed circuits.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works