Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

335i (FBO) vs. Acura TL 6mt (modded)

JB4 was set to map 0, so meth was not active and boost levels were stock.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    TL can only maintain it's lead from the lack of any lag at the start, then gets pulled pretty easily. N/A showing it's stuff. Will be interesting when the TL has more power
    Alpha ///N - YouTube: 95CSL
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wonder what the new TL-S will have to offer...

Thanks for posting the vid!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So would it be safe to say that a 100% stock 335i is dead even with that TL? Not sure how many ponies you picked up since your 335i is FBO.
    Click here to enlarge
    Bimmers + Chipotle + Beautiful Women = Life is Good

Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not f*cking your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by silvergray545 Click here to enlarge
    So would it be safe to say that a 100% stock 335i is dead even with that TL? Not sure how many ponies you picked up since your 335i is FBO.
    I would say early on, but top-end the 335i would probably take it. Just to throw it into the mix, a 135i would probably be as fast as this FBO 335i (on map 0) if not faster since it is lighter.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The only real power adder are the downpipes, intake isn't really going to change anything. I don't think that's enough to stop a pull like that, even dead stock.
    What would happen is the 335i would certainly take more time to spool and pass. TL could get out 1-2 cars and not get passed until a higher speed or at all if they cut it off in 1.5 gears
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    I would say early on, but top-end the 335i would probably take it. Just to throw it into the mix, a 135i would probably be as fast as this FBO 335i (on map 0) if not faster since it is lighter.
    I'd like to know how much power is picked up from being FBO on map 0. If these 335i's went on a diet, that would probably be helpful as well.
    Click here to enlarge

Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not f*cking your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onurleft Click here to enlarge
    The only real power adder are the downpipes, intake isn't really going to change anything. I don't think that's enough to stop a pull like that, even dead stock.
    What would happen is the 335i would certainly take more time to spool and pass. TL could get out 1-2 cars and not get passed until a higher speed or at all if they cut it off in 1.5 gears
    Ahh I see. Props to the TL. It has balls.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'd like to know how much power is picked up from being FBO on map 0. If these 335i's went on a diet, that would probably be helpful as well.
    Just a rough optimistic guess. Figure
    12whp downpies /30 rwtq
    Very little from the intake
    More consistency from the cooling mods

Stock traps for 335's range from 102-105. With a TL if you can achieve the same 60ft it is more like 97-101 but there's not much evidence out there and the latter says even with an extra 20 hp your not going to pick up the MPH to pull a 335 once it gets going..

I'd really like to see this TL get some times on some good tires. These things are really hard to get out of the 14's and there's almost zero evidence other than the easy mathematical possibility given enough grip at the start.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onurleft Click here to enlarge
    Just a rough optimistic guess. Figure
    12whp downpies /30 rwtq
    Very little from the intake
    More consistency from the cooling mods

Stock traps for 335's range from 102-105. With a TL if you can achieve the same 60ft it is more like 97-101 but there's not much evidence out there and the latter says even with an extra 20 hp your not going to pick up the MPH to pull a 335 once it gets going..

I'd really like to see this TL get some times on some good tires. These things are really hard to get out of the 14's and there's almost zero evidence other than the easy mathematical possibility given enough grip at the start.
    I'd also would like to see some times from this TL. But like you said, grip will be an issue. I can imagine the 60ft times will be horrible. In all honesty, I'm more interested to see what it traps.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'd also would like to see some times from this TL. But like you said, grip will be an issue. I can imagine the 60ft times will be horrible. In all honesty, I'm more interested to see what it traps.
    Yeah what you see is guys with TL-S' and similar bolt ons. 2.3 60ft 14.1@100 mph. The E.T and trap would go up significantly with a better short time. This would change if someone would go out and do it right
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The TL is getting tires next.
    Click here to enlarge