Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Great work as always!

Glad to see Schumi challenging like that, maybe he has something left?
    I think he finally found his groove, it took a year and a half, but he did. Mercedes GP has improved alot since the beginning of the season, If they can maintain their race pace through out the race, the can challenge for the podium.
    2010 335i Coupe Le Mans Blue
    *JB4 Powered*

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scourge82 Click here to enlarge
    I think he finally found his groove, it took a year and a half, but he did. Mercedes GP has improved alot since the beginning of the season, If they can maintain their race pace through out the race, the can challenge for the podium.
    I think we won't see too much more from them this season but it bodes well for the next.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just a little bit of a rant.

I'll get this out of the way first: Yes I know of the the one defensive move rule. I think it is dumb and takes away from the competition, but a rule is a rule.

For those of you that watch F1 on BBC or frequent british F1 forums will know what I'm talking about. The british media is the most biased peice of crap, I've ever seen. The are all up in arms about how Schumacher held Hamilton at bay at Monza. Yes there was an instance where he pulled 2 defensive moves on Hamilton. But the stewards, saw that a warning was good enough and I agree he should have been penalized for it(still a dumb rule though). But if you read about it, they make it out to be that Michael was weaving in and out of the race line, forcing Hamilton onto the grass, blah, blah, blah. How come Button was able to pass him in half a lap, when the all mighty Hamilton couldn't do it in 29 laps. To me that was the best battle I have seen this year.

But if you read the article, you'll see Button complaining, Mclaren complaining, the even say a race steward was angry that he wanted an investigation into, but was denied. Last I heard, stewards are the ones that review incidents and make judgments.

I guess, in the end is what the hell happened to F1? It used to be a sport that showcased a driver's and car's abilities. Now it's all about trying to create a false sense of excitement, while Bernie runs laughing all the way to the bank.

I miss the good old days of Senna vs Prost(the 2 greatest drivers), Schumacher vs Hakkinen.../rant
    2010 335i Coupe Le Mans Blue
    *JB4 Powered*

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scourge82 Click here to enlarge
    Just a little bit of a rant.

I'll get this out of the way first: Yes I know of the the one defensive move rule. I think it is dumb and takes away from the competition, but a rule is a rule.

For those of you that watch F1 on BBC or frequent british F1 forums will know what I'm talking about. The british media is the most biased peice of crap, I've ever seen. The are all up in arms about how Schumacher held Hamilton at bay at Monza. Yes there was an instance where he pulled 2 defensive moves on Hamilton. But the stewards, saw that a warning was good enough and I agree he should have been penalized for it(still a dumb rule though). But if you read about it, they make it out to be that Michael was weaving in and out of the race line, forcing Hamilton onto the grass, blah, blah, blah. How come Button was able to pass him in half a lap, when the all mighty Hamilton couldn't do it in 29 laps. To me that was the best battle I have seen this year.

But if you read the article, you'll see Button complaining, Mclaren complaining, the even say a race steward was angry that he wanted an investigation into, but was denied. Last I heard, stewards are the ones that review incidents and make judgments.

I guess, in the end is what the hell happened to F1? It used to be a sport that showcased a driver's and car's abilities. Now it's all about trying to create a false sense of excitement, while Bernie runs laughing all the way to the bank.

I miss the good old days of Senna vs Prost(the 2 greatest drivers), Schumacher vs Hakkinen.../rant
    I don't get it, why can't you drive defensively?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12