Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Michael Schumacher Confirms Racing with Mercedes GP for 2012

After the rumors and the fake article from an Italian newpaper about Schumacher's retirement at the end of the year. Schumacher has came out and confimed he will be racing next year.

Michael Schumacher has said he will "certainly be racing next year" following rumours he was considering his future.
    Reports in an Italian newspaper forced Schumacher's agent to come out and confirm his commitment to Mercedes last week, and Schumacher has now commented on his future himself. Speaking at a Mercedes event he said that he would definitely be on the grid in 2012, and that he wasn't ruling out extending his contract even further.
    "I'll certainly be racing next year, that is definite," Schumacher said. "We will have to see how things develop and how much energy and fun is still there."
    Despite confirming himself for next season, Schumacher admitted that a title challenge was unlikely because Mercedes was still too far off the pace of the front runners.
    "It would be presumptuous if one expects us to fight for the title next year. At the moment we are too far behind."
    Mercedes' head of motorsport Norbert Haug also defended Schumacher, saying that he was getting closer to the level of performance of his team-mate.
    "His speed in the last race was mostly on a par with Nico Rosberg," Haug said. "He will continue and succeed."
    However, Haug agreed with Schumacher's outlook for the 2012 season, saying it will take longer for Mercedes to become a force at the front.
    "Under normal circumstances, you do not go from fourth to first in one jump."
    Click here to enlarge
    2010 335i Coupe Le Mans Blue
    *JB4 Powered*

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    what a brassy guy he became, Can't he see he's hurting his fame so much with these weak results?

BTW man who gave you 3 months vacation? that's a looooooooong period lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah, if he was at least beating Rosberg, I'd be all for it, but he's not...

I'm in a hot, sand filled area for 3 months, to make it sound and feel better, I'd like to think it's a vacation, except there's no water...
    *JB4 Powered*

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scourge82 Click here to enlarge
    I'm in a hot, sand filled area for 3 months, to make it sound and feel better, I'd like to think it's a vacation, except there's no water...
    Haha, cool Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Michael Schumacher will race through 2012 with Mercedes-Petronas Formula 1

There were some alarming reports earlier this year that Michael Schumacher would perhaps not return to finish out his contract due to his "heart" not being into it any longer. Well, Schumacher ended the speculation by confirming he will be coming back next year which is his final year under contract. What is interesting is that Mercedes GP president Ross Brawn is the one who hinted at issues with Schumacher and Mercedes-Petronas stating Schumacher's future with the team would be evaluated later this year. That must have put pressure on Schumacher who decided during the season to return.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    All those people and articles talking about how Schumacher needs to give up and retire used to bother me, but not anymore. Yeah he's not giving the results that everyone expects out of him, but I bet he's helped the team in alot more ways that we fans don't really see. The thing that gets me now is the people that want him to retire, never say a word about the other veterans out there that are doing far worse than Schumacher, yes I'm talking about you, Rubens and Trulli.
    *JB4 Powered*

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Rubens is still OK, but Trulli should have stopped 2 years ago. He lost motivation. Allways complaining about everything. The handling, no power steering, it's never good enough. He has no clue in which team he is (Lotus) and expect everything to be as if he is still driving for Toyota...
    As for MS, he is just smart enough to let others pay for his adrenalin addiction. And he has the skills and the history to back it all up.
    In the wet he is still one of the best drivers out there.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If I were Schumacher I would keep racing until they threw me out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    His name is worth more than the entire country of zambia.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    His name is worth more than the entire country of zambia.
    Hahahhahaha!