Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Reference Links from Detailed Image for detailers

Here are some links to some pages where you can find top quality information about detailing!

Detailing Guide
    Washing and Drying
    Clay Bar
    Polishing
    Glaze
    Sealant
    Wax
    Microfiber Care
    Wheel and Tire
    Exterior Trim
    Interior
    Glass
    Engine Bay

Ask A Pro This section allows you to interact with professional detailers, read their product review, see their high end detail work and find area detailers. I can't emphasize enough how much awesome information and stunning pictures are in this section!

Product Reviews - Find out what other customers are saying about products you are interested in!

Buffer Comparison Chart - Compare three of the most popular buffers used by both professional and weekend detailers!

As always if you have questions that are not answered by these links don't hesitate to contact me. I'm happy to help you guys out when I can. If you have any additional questions just let me know more information about your vehicle, exact problem or area of concern and your goal. Thanks for reading and hopefully I can add more references as we continue to build or site.

Greg @ Detailed Image

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just the info I was looking for! Man, I better get ready for a long day of claying once I get free!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the links! Very useful!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Detailed Image is excited to announce our new http://http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-Pro/ of our website, which is quickly becoming the go-to resource for auto detailing information. Our goal of the new section is to provide you with a means to interact with some of the best detailers across the country and continue to provide you with quality, unbiased information on auto detailing processes, techniques and products. The Ask-a-Pro section is headed by Todd Cooperider, owner of Esoteric Auto Detail, who was named one of the best auto detailers in the US.

We felt Todd was a perfect fit for our new program not only for his vast understanding of auto detailing, but the fact that he can understand his mindset during a detail and document it in such a way that you feel you are performing the detail along side with him. He does an exceptional job educating his audience and that is our primary goal for all content we publish on our site. Todd’s professionalism and continuous drive to further educate himself on anything he does, is the reason why he is at the top of the detailing industry and why we wanted him to be so involved with the program.

Todd has been hand selecting some of the finest professional detailers across the US to participate in our Ask-a-Pro section. The detailers chosen to participate in the Ask-a-Pro section have proven themselves to share the same passion for detailing and professionalism as Todd does. This community of top quality detailers will help provide you with multiple perspectives on various detailing subjects and product usage. We are excited to introduce you to some of the best detailers around the country and hope you find value in the knowledge they share.

Find a Detailed Image approved Detailer
    As new detailers are selected to participate in our program, they will be added to our Detailed Image approved detailer map. We will continuously be seeking qualified detailers and updating our map on a regular basis so you don’t have to look far for a quality recommendation for a detailer in your area. While the map may be scarce in some areas across the country, we want to ensure we are only recommending the absolute best detailers in a given area that maintain a high level of professionalism and use only high quality auto detailing products and the best techniques to give you jaw dropping results every single detail.

Interact with top Professional Detailers
    We want our customers to get involved in the Ask-a-Pro section and you can do so in a couple of ways. If you have an auto detailing question, submit an e-mail on the ask a pro page and your question will be answered by one of the pros from our team. Another way you can participate is by commenting on any articles or questions published.

You can easily search our published articles and answered questions by using the categories listed on the left hand side or by searching in the Google search box. Also, you can sort the articles by author, so if you have a favorite detailer you’d like to follow, you can do so by selecting their author page. If you don’t find what you are looking for, remember you can always submit a question!

Here’s a teaser of what’s to come next week from Todd…
    Click here to enlarge

Also, if you like what you see, be sure to subscribe to our rss feed or receive e-mail notifications of new Ask-a-Pro articles!

We hope you enjoy the new section and if you have any questions or suggestions on anything, please do not hesitate to contact any of us.

Greg @ Detailed Image

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I hope we get more pics of that 599... I would not be able to wash it/touch it without getting aroused.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You will it's the next write up we are posting on our site. So check back in the next 1 - 2 weeks and you should see all kinds of pics to make your jaw drop!

Greg @ DI

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey, how about some advice for people that want to wax without claying.

I know it is ill-advised, but are there any negative effects? i.e. is worse to wash and then wax, rather than just wash and dry, and then clay/wax some other time?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    In short a clay bar helps deep clean the paint and remove some of the really stubborn contaminants. While waxing you pick them up in your applicator. If they are stuck in your applicator you could potentially be adding swirls all over the paint. I try to use the clay bar at least 1 - 2 times per year so waxing is safer. Additionally sealants and waxes can not bond to contaminants so you get more durable protection on a clean surface. You can certainly still wax without the use of a clay bar but you will get better results if you can use a clay bar semi-regularly. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Greg @ DI

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bumping this as there is a ton of good info and references in here.

DetailedImage - you will be happy to notice the link color issue has been solved as well Click here to enlarge Took a while, was not easy.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good info. I just bought a bunch of stuff from you guys. Menzerna Polishes and sealant, some wash, wax and extra pads! I'm excited, got my Flex in the mail too.
    Click here to enlarge
    1977 S30Z

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 503Alex Click here to enlarge
    Good info. I just bought a bunch of stuff from you guys. Menzerna Polishes and sealant, some wash, wax and extra pads! I'm excited, got my Flex in the mail too.
    Very nice! Let us know how you like the stuff.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    <3 these guys, spent a good amount @ DI, they have great deals.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Very nice! Let us know how you like the stuff.
    I'm planning on posting up a thread with before and afters when I try it out!
    Click here to enlarge
    1977 S30Z

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 503Alex Click here to enlarge
    Glad to hear info was helpful and I really appreciate the purchase!

Greg @ DI