Close

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Aftermarket pioneer HKS USA closing its doors

http://jalopnik.com/#!5796802/afterm...sing-its-doors
    Citing poor market conditions HKS USA, formerly one of the largest aftermarket JDM performance companies in the country, is ceasing U.S. operations after nearly three decades in business. A letter obtained by Jalopnik shows the company will consolidate its work to Japan.
    A letter from HKS to its dealers and vendors went out this afternoon, much to the surprise of companies who have been using HKS parts for decades. The letter blames the move on the slow economic recovery, a shrinking aftermarket, the U.S. Dollar, and the disaster in Japan

The company will continue to sell parts to the United States, but all operations will be transferred to HKS Co. Ltd. in Japan while HKS USA is folded. Click on the thumbnail to view the full letter.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    crazy man...this country is in a world of hurt right now..its $#@!ing us big time. We are losing genuine companies like this due to the above, and the worst of it, the chinese knock offs on ebay.

I think Ebay is the real killer of us people who spent our weekends busting our asses, trying to save up for that set of rare Sprint Hart 15" wheels for our old school honda civics and stuff. Back in the day that stuff was something great to be part of...now its just ni**as stealin each others cars, rockin raceland coilovers and chinese headers, fake altezza tailights etc. You have anything remotely nice they will steal it from you.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    crazy man...this country is in a world of hurt right now..its $#@!ing us big time. We are losing genuine companies like this due to the above, and the worst of it, the chinese knock offs on ebay.

I think Ebay is the real killer of us people who spent our weekends busting our asses, trying to save up for that set of rare Sprint Hart 15" wheels for our old school honda civics and stuff. Back in the day that stuff was something great to be part of...now its just ni**as stealin each others cars, rockin raceland coilovers and chinese headers, fake altezza tailights etc. You have anything remotely nice they will steal it from you.
    you guys in U.S aren't alone, we have several issues with Chinese crap too. They really know how to screw your business.
    for example in my business, i buy oil from government for $1 and after refinement here i distribute and sell it for $2.
    but there is a Chinese company here, buys the oil with $1 price tag, then the oil will be shipped all the way to China and after refinement it will be shipped back here, and they sell it for 1 dollar and 50 cents !!
    How the $#@! they do it? i really don't know !
    the only reason I'm not broken yet is still there are some people that care about quality, but in future they will change their side for sure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i think the earthquake combined with the economy had a lot to do with it.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge

I feel for you Matt. I guess I didn't realize just how tough it is for manufacturers and shops these days that deal in the automotive industry.