rpi scoop/filter
    muffler delete
    active autowerke tune
    no passenger

that's it

friends 2008 corvette 6 spd manual
    corsa exhaust...all I know of
    and 1 passenger

For the past year my buddy and I have been wondering what the outcome would be between our cars at a higher speed than what the strip offers. I get a random phone call sunday afternoon saying he wants to run me...I accept but my bottle is less than half full and never reached optimum pressure. That pretty much evened out the passenger he had

I couldn't believe the s54 would keep up with such a highway monster w/ just a 50 shot. I also let him get the jump every run b/c my instant torque from the nitrous shot would jump him every time. The torque advantage would become even more evident when we did a 3rd gear run from 60 mph as seen in the video...at that speed I was at 4000rpm and he was at 3500rpm(sorry I'll add it later)

I was honored to keep up w/ an ls3 corvette...

we ran about 6 times from a roll and 2 times from a dig

4/6 I win and continue to pull(super slowly but nonetheless pulled on an ls3 140+Click here to enlarge)

1/1 from a dig...drivers suck from a dig:mad0259:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    btw any idea what a 08 z51 runs in the 60-130?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You did incredibly well for what amounts to really just a 50 shot, nice work.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    By the way, you wrote here you ran a 75 shot vs. an LS3 vette? So why 50 shot now? http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...3130#post93130
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    By the way, you wrote here you ran a 75 shot vs. an LS3 vette? So why 50 shot now? http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...3130#post93130
    We never officially ran until yesterday and I dropped my shot down to 50 a while ago to keep from constantly filling my bottle. All my track times were with a 75 shot. And officially I mean more than one run w/o our wife g/f screaming in our ears

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by krnnerdboy Click here to enlarge
    We never officially ran until yesterday and I dropped my shot down to 50 a while ago to keep from constantly filling my bottle. All my track times were with a 75 shot. And officially I mean more than one run w/o our wife g/f screaming in our ears
    Ok, I'll take you at your word although if I were to race I would want my car to do the best it could...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Ok, I'll take you at your word although if I were to race I would want my car to do the best it could...
    absolutely but the call was out of the blue and on short notice, so short that he wouldn't wait for my pressure to get up,and my 75 shot jetting was being used in my 2010 tundra, which ran a 1/8th 8.7 @80 on the 75 shot...But in all honesty I don't feel the difference between the 50/75 shot. Perhaps I'll have time next month to get to a dyno and dial in a 100 shot. but now my focus is on my x5 35i. I hope to just break mid 8's in the 1/8th now that it's got 1200mi finally and a jb3...

I really have nothing to prove, as he's a close buddy of mine and I thought I'd lose either way. We all know that I'd lose everytime if he just adds an intake and tune. The ls3 vette is my standard for performance and I highly regard it. The intentions of the video was just for reference.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    our 3rd gear pull from 60-65mph

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He's in an very low rpm...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    He's in an very low rpm...
    yup
    ls3 3500rpm
    z4m 4100 rpm

the video is to show the torque curve advantage w/ nitrous.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by krnnerdboy Click here to enlarge
    absolutely but the call was out of the blue and on short notice, so short that he wouldn't wait for my pressure to get up,and my 75 shot jetting was being used in my 2010 tundra, which ran a 1/8th 8.7 @80 on the 75 shot...But in all honesty I don't feel the difference between the 50/75 shot. Perhaps I'll have time next month to get to a dyno and dial in a 100 shot. but now my focus is on my x5 35i. I hope to just break mid 8's in the 1/8th now that it's got 1200mi finally and a jb3...

I really have nothing to prove, as he's a close buddy of mine and I thought I'd lose either way. We all know that I'd lose everytime if he just adds an intake and tune. The ls3 vette is my standard for performance and I highly regard it. The intentions of the video was just for reference.
    I believe you.

Also pretty cool you are running nitrous on the Tundra.. would surprise my Cayenne to run into something like that.