Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

BMW donates a million euros to help with disaster relief in Japan

As we all know, a terrible tragedy has struck Japan. The BMW group has stepped up to do the right thing (among record profits) to donate 1 million Euro to aid in disaster relief. Dr. Norbert Reithofer stated the following, "We are deeply moved by the horrific suffering in the affected regions. During this difficult time, our thoughts and sympathies are with the Japanese people.” BMW is supporting its Japanese workforce during this period. We commend BMW on stepping up to the plate.

Click here to enlarge
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How nice of BMW, the destruction the Tsunami caused is insane. I was looking at pics from the NYTimes and I was speechless. The Tsumami obliterated towns to rubble, NOTHING left. Poor people, I hope that doesn't happen here anytime soon.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    How nice of BMW, the destruction the Tsunami caused is insane. I was looking at pics from the NYTimes and I was speechless. The Tsumami obliterated towns to rubble, NOTHING left. Poor people, I hope that doesn't happen here anytime soon.
    It's nice of them, definitely. A token gesture but if more companies join it could make a major difference. I hope other car companies match or exceed this.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    where are the other companies? Where is Toyota? are they still busy by fixing faulty spring valves?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    where are the other companies? Where is Toyota? are they still busy by fixing faulty spring valves?
    Dude, Toyota likely has some big problems right now.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Dude, Toyota likely has some big problems right now.
    those people are their compatriot , their main goal should be help their people if they still believe in Japanese desires

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    those people are their compatriot , their main goal should be help their people if they still believe in Japanese desires
    They may be worried about basic survival right now. Their own families, loved ones, etc. I think it makes more sense at this time for foreign aid to come in while Japan tries to stabilize. I seriously doubt Toyota won't helps its people. They probably aren't focusing on good PR right now as much as... uh, a leaking nuclear reactor?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Mercedes donates 2 millions euros: http://www.benzboost.com/showthread....540#post120540