Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Ford GT successor in the works - hybrid?

So claims autoexpress:

In a bid to distance the new model from the 2005 GT, of which only 100 examples reached Europe, there will be a new design direction. While the GT used plenty of styling cues from the original GT40 racer of the Sixties, the latest interpretation is likely to forego the retro body panels and get a sharper, more modern look.

Evoking memories of the 1995 Ford GT90 concept, which had a 720bhp quad-turbocharged V12, the new GT will put an updated spin on the GT40’s design, with a huge front air intake, angular headlights and vents in the bonnet and flanks.

The overall proportions and mid-engined configuration will remain intact, though – and that will help to provide balanced handling. The biggest news comes under the skin, though. A supercharged V8 provides the power, but extra boost is available at the touch of a button from an electric motor driving the front wheels.

This is similar to the set-up on the Porsche 918 Spyder-style. Add stop-start and the ability to run solely on electricity for brief periods of time, and the new GT would showcase Ford’s green credentials. But as total power will be around 600bhp, the newcomer will still keep pace with other mid-engined supercars such as the McLaren MP4-12C and Ferrari 458 Italia, as well as the successors to the Lamborghini Gallardo and Audi R8.
    They are claiming it will be a hybrid which I don't buy (double entendre). I want to see a successor but not a hybrid. I also hope they keep the price in check.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Haha so you've taken to just pointing out your subtle jokes now?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSDD Click here to enlarge
    Haha so you've taken to just pointing out your subtle jokes now?
    Yes.

I'm not sure how many people would have picked up on the double meaning if I didn't point it out.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If its a hybrid like the Porsche 918 its all good.
    Click here to enlarge