Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

LAMBORGHINI EFFORT in ALMS

$#@! YEAH! Lambos in ALMS for 2011

Being a huge fan of ALMS I am super excited for this.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

West Racing named Nicky Pastorelli and Dominik Schwager as the first two drivers of its Yokohama Tire Corporation-sponsored Lamborghini on Monday. The two were teammates in last year’s FIA GT1 championship and will campaign West Racing’s first ADVAN® A005 tire-shod Lamborghini in the 2011 American Le Mans Series presented by Tequila Patrón.

As reported earlier, the team hopes to test at Sebring later this month and plans to return for the annual Winter Test from February 9-10. It will make its race debut at the 59th Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring presented by Fresh from Florida on March 19.

“West Racing owner Eduardo Espindola has hired two top-notch, seasoned pros,” said Andrew Briggs, Yokohama senior manager of motorsports. “The competition will be tough, but Nicky and Dominik have experience racing Lamborghinis, so we’re anticipating an exciting, successful season. I’m confident Yokohama’s motorsports heritage will be very well represented by Nicky and Dominik and the entire West Racing Team.”

“I’m proud to be part of the West-Yokohama racing team,” said the Dutch-born/Italian-bred Pastorelli, who won the European F3000 championship in 2004. “It’s a great challenge to be part of a new project and help make it successful.”

Pastorelli has seven ALMS starts to his credit – all with VICI Racing in a GT2 Porsche. His best finish was a fifth-place showing with Johannes Stuck at Utah in 2009.

The ALMS campaign will reunite the German-born Schwager with Yokohama. In 2004, he was a driver of the ADVAN-shod Toyota Supra in the Japanese Super GT series. “I’ve always been interested in ALMS racing, so this is a tremendous opportunity,” he said. “Because we’re a new team, I know the task ahead is going to be demanding, but thanks to technology partners like Yokohama, I know we’ll be competitive.”

West Racing and the rest of American Le Mans Series presented by Tequila Patrón will open 2011 at the 59th
    Last edited by 1cleanAMG; 01-20-2011 at 12:51 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Can't wait for this season! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    2001 Audi S4(Stage 3) - SOLD(will be missed)
    1997 BMW M3 - Track Toy
    1978 Camaro Z-28- slightly modded Click here to enlarge

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.
    -Jeremy Clarkson

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Extreme Speed Motorsports and Risi are going to field 458s in 2011.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This team is going to have it tough competing against all the factory backed entries.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This team is going to have it tough competing against all the factory backed entries.
    A really tough time. They will struggle to even pick up a couple podium finishes.

I have a feeling Corvette Racing will get back to their winning ways. Win ALMS championship. Also go over and win 24 hours Le Mans.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    I have a feeling Corvette Racing will get back to their winning ways. Win ALMS championship. Also go over and win 24 hours Le Mans.
    No faith in BMW repeating? I'm scared of Ferrari more than the Corvettes.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    No faith in BMW repeating? I'm scared of Ferrari more than the Corvettes.
    More like no faith in a team ran by Rahal. They basically backed right into that championship last year. Yes they were consistent, but not dominating.

Ferrari has a new car to deal with. They may come flying out of the gates with the new car, but new cars can be difficult in their first season.

Corvette is coming off their first full season of GT2, after dominating GT1 for years. Their team is a well oiled machine. They had the 24 hours won last year, if the idiot LMP1 Peugeot didn't taked them out when they had a huge lead.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes they were consistent, but not dominating.
    That is what you need to win, the class is too tight for anyone to dominate.

Ferrari has a new car to deal with. They may come flying out of the gates with the new car, but new cars can be difficult in their first season.
    I think Ferrari will have the same issue BMW had which is getting the new car sorted. I have no doubt they will, but how quickly will they figure it all out?

Corvette is coming off their first full season of GT2, after dominating GT1 for years. Their team is a well oiled machine. They had the 24 hours won last year, if the idiot LMP1 Peugeot didn't taked them out when they had a huge lead.
    Click here to enlarge Go BMW Motorsport!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have faith in Flying Lizard. I think its going to come down to them vs Risi Competizione for the championship.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge