So I was doing some thinking about my next car. I am somewhat fixated on LSx swap. The reason is flexibility, parts source, durability, and power potential. Before this I was set on BMW FI I6, specifically E36 M3 but flexible for non-M3s due to pricing. The main negative for me with BMW is the tuning… I would like to have control and unless you go standalone you are putting your faith into basically 1 source for tuning I understand.
So I am considering the below platforms and any insight, thoughts would be great. I am 6’6”, 200lbs so headroom is very important. But I think most below can fit with aftermarket seat, rail and potentially sunroof delete.

Car will be used for street/track. I do plan to keep some comforts depending on year and condition of car, but will also consider mostly track with bareish interior.

All are LSx Swaps
-BMW e36/e46: I think the e36 swap is fairly straight forward, and e46 maybe pretty tough now.
-Nissan 240: This is relatively simple swap with many resources. Light platform and good balance with LSx, so great track car. But lacking in comfort.
-Mazda RX7: this has always been a dream car for me, but I’m sure the headroom is a problem. I’ve sat in a FC before and I don’t see it working, but never in a FD… the interior layout, seating position in the FD looks great.
-Mazda RX8: the swap could be a little more involved than the other options.
-Nissan 350Z: For comfort this would be a great platform, but a little heavy.

-C5/C6 Vette: Looking into above, why not a vette. I don’t know really except I wouldn't want to drive one at 40yrs old. Plus I kinda want a project, so putting $$ into a newer vette will devalue it relative to the money spent… older car you retain higher percentage of the total spent.

-C4 Vette: this would be a fun project and haven’t thought much about it. Headroom is an issue and pedal, tunnel arrangement prob isn’t the best for a tall racer.

-GTO/F-body: initially this was my focus, but now I have strayed from it, but can't give good reason why. GTOs prob a little pricey for what you get due to being rare. But if I find a good f-body (gen 4,5) why not. hmmm, have to think about this some more... should be best on $$ and options. Gen 3 formula 350 was a dream car when I was young... I bet ones worth a project are very rare.

Just putting some of my thoughts on screen. What else should I consider?